There are so many interesting and fun questions that are asked in interviews to gauge the proficiency and skills of a candidate; The top CEOs share some of the interesting questions they ask their candidates in the interview process. Read on as the fun begins here.
Favourite Interview Questions By Top CEOs
1. Gabe Kennedy: What is the thing which we are doing well and where are the prospects to grow in that?
The Co-founder of the CBD Wellness Startup Plant People, Gabe Kennedy is often asking this question to new employees. The question helps him gauge the mindset of the interviewee and also obtain feedback about his company. He further elaborates that even an uncomfortable yet honest answer is welcome.
2. Carly Stein, What Have you Failed At?
The founder and CEO of wellness brand Beekeeper’s Naturals, says that she would love to ask questions that judge a candidate’s thought process and how they overcome challenges.
3. Neil Blumenthal, CEO of Warby Parker’s: What was the recent costume he wore and why?
The favorite question of Neil Blumenthal is ” What do you do like to do for fun,” He also likes to ask people,” to see how the person reacts to that kind of question.
4. Brian Chesky: Tell me about your Life
The CEO of Airbnb Brian Chesky is often asked candidates different questions about their lives to gauge how they come to decisions at work. He also wants to know the various experiences of the candidates to understand the kind of person they are.
5. The CEO of Tupperware, Rick Goings: How they treated people?
The CEO of Tupperware, Rick Goings, often loves to ask a different kind of question from the candidates. He asked how they treated people like a receptionist? It means he wanted to know how the candidates behave with the people they met during the normal course of the day.
6. Melanie Whelan, the CEO of Soulcycle, Tell me about yourself
She loves to ask a simple and very common question which candidates often do not expect. That is ‘tell me about yourself? ‘. This question acts as a conversation starter and helps understand how they communicate.
7. Elon Musk, the Founder of Tesla, says he asks people their life’s story and what kind of decisions they made through the journey of life. He wants to know how people solve difficult problems.
8. Lori Dickerson Fouché, the CEO at the Prudential Financial Group Insurance revealed that his favorite question at interview is regarding the attitude of candidates at the time of adversity. When things and situations are not in favor, then what do the candidates do?
So these are some cool interview questions that CEOs love to ask their candidates, Insightful and fun indeed.