Kohl’s is launching a significant number of new brands just in time for the holiday season. The assortment of new merchandise is across the whole store, including women’s, men’s, home and, especially, beauty. It is a drive for more transactions under the inspired leadership of CEO Michelle Gass and GMO Doug Howe.
The new product lines create excitement and renewed interest in the Kohl’s merchandise assortment. Traffic has already increased because of their partnership with Amazon, as the company accepts returns from the internet giant. In addition, Kohl’s has extended its holiday shopping hours this year, opening stores on Thanksgiving night into Black Friday.
I list some of the new products by brand and customer identification.
· Nine West – Footwear, handbags, jewelry, and an exclusive apparel collection.
Want to publish your own articles on DistilNFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
· Cara Santana – Exclusive, limited-time apparel collaboration with this actress for a private label brand called Apt.9; featuring blazers, sweaters, pants, and outerwear.
· Adore Me – Curated assortment of panties and sleepwear.
· East Adeline by Dia&Co – Large size apparel; versatile products that include statement pieces.
· Elizabeth and James – Apparel, handbags, and accessories from designer sisters Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen (released in November).
· Jason Wu – Limited edition women’s holiday apparel from designer Jason Wu. Signature pieces include dresses and jump suits (released in November).
· Callville – Country music singer Brett Young’s exclusive designs of tees, flannels, and joggers.
· Kid Made Modern – Curated offering of craft kits and accessories with ‘on the go’ travel kits, jewelry, and art supplies.
· Koolaburra by UGG – Exclusive variety of home products focused on bedding and bathroom linens.
· Scott Living @ Kohl’s – Brothers Drew and Jonathan Scott offer such modern home basics as bedding, bath, and kitchen décor.
· Fanatics – Officially licensed men’s, women’s, and kids’ apparel, jerseys, hats, and novelty products.
· Ellen DeGeneres Pet Collection – Exclusive pet offerings, including accessories.
· Lovepop – Curated, laser-cut pop-up cards for every occasion from birthdays to anniversaries.
· Luca + Danni – Curated, iconic stacking bracelets for adults and kids.
· United by Blue – Curated, ecofriendly bags, drinkware, and reusable straw kits.
The Beauty Checkout
· Banila Co. – Clean skincare products.
·Barefoot Scientist – Footcare solutions.
· Busy Beauty – Shower-less products including dry shampoo, body wipes, and shampoo.
· Cleo & Coco – Natural deodorants.
· Dr, Botanicals – Natural skincare products including pomegranate sleeping mask and kale superfood moisturizer.
· Evolution_18 – Ingestibles such as gummies, glow capsules, and collagen powder.
· Honey Belle – Clean, natural ingredient skin care.
· Lucie & Pompette – Vegan, paraben free face polish.
· Pure Allure – Assortment of masks including glow glitter mask, 24K gold foil mask, etc.
· Real her – lip kits.
· Savannah Bee – Hand and body care items produced from honey beehive ingredients.
· Uncle Bud’s – Hemp-based skincare, body lotion, and roll-on pain relief products.
· Vital Proteins –Collagen-based beauty products.
The Beauty Checkout selections will be refreshed quarterly as management plans to feature new trends for their customers. Kohl’s partnership with Facebook will also support The Beauty Checkout. I believe that beauty is a growth opportunity at Kohl’s. This will require that they feature new trendy brands and fragrances regularly, from designers such as Jayson Wu, Elizabeth and James, or Kendall Jenner.
On Thanksgiving Day this year, Kohl’s will open their doors at 5 p.m. and then keep them open until the end of Black Friday, November 29 at 12 a.m. Lots of excitement is planned with low prices and door busters on both days. But wait, there’s more! Kohl’s is anticipating a rush and will have on-line Flash Deals starting Monday, November 25 that go through the 27th. These limited quantity deals should move fast if people are in the stores. Some of the deals are very exciting – like 30% off Lego sets, a $49.99 Step 2 Modern Cook Kitchen, or $59.49 with 15% off coupon for a power smokeless grill. In addition, this item earns $15 in Kohl’s cash. The savings continue throughout the weekend until Cyber Monday.
Santa is bringing free surprise toy gifts to Kohl’s on a series of Sundays between now and Christmas; November 3, November 24, December 8, and December 15. That should create more excitement as children line up to get their present and could serve to keep families in the store shopping.
Preparing for Christmas is a tough task for retailers. Many anticipate a strong selling season, and I have published that I expect a 4.25% increase over last year. I believe many retailers will anticipate the gift-giving selling season with early promotions, since Thanksgiving is as late as it can get this year. It is critical that retailers do well this year; a strong holiday season can set up positive momentum for 2020.