Becker’s Hospital Review reported the following hospital and health system executive moves in the last week:
1. Tupelo-based North Mississippi Health Services named Jeremy Blanchard, MD, CMO, effective Dec. 9.
2. Michael J. Born, MD, president and CEO of Rockford, Ill.-based SwedishAmerican Hospital, has resigned.
3. Ed Bruun, president of Sparrow Clinton Hospital in St. Johns, Mich., retired.
Want to publish your own articles on DistilNFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
4. Richmond-based Virginia Commonwealth University Health System appointed Peter Buckley, MD, interim CEO.
5. Richmond-based Virginia Commonwealth University Health System named Ralph R. Clark, MD, interim CEO of VCU Hospitals and Clinics, effective Nov. 1.
6. Delta (Colo.) County Memorial Hospital’s board of trustees has decided not to renew CEO Jason Cleckler’s contract.
7. Community Hospital in Grand Junction, Colo., appointed Joseph Gerardi COO and chief nursing officer.
8. Cincinnati-based Mercy Health has selected Jennifer Jackson, DNP, RN, to serve as chief nursing officer of West Hospital, also in Cincinnati.
9. Chad Jurgens, CEO of Jefferson Community Health & Life in Fairbury, Neb., is resigning for a new job opportunity.
10. UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., tapped Kimi Kobayashi, MD, to serve as chief quality officer Oct. 28.
11. Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center in Santa Fe, N.M., appointed Reuben Murray CFO.
12. Cincinnati-based Mercy Health has selected Gilbert Palmer, MD, to serve as chief clinical officer for the Lorain (Ohio) market.
13. Marsha Rappley, MD, CEO of Richmond-based Virginia Commonwealth University Health System and senior vice president for health sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University, plans to retire Jan. 2.
14. Little Rock, Ark.-based UAMS Health has tapped Trenda Ray, PhD, RN, to serve as chief nursing officer and associate vice chancellor for patient care services.
15. St. Vincent Charity Medical Center in Cleveland named Shannan D. Ritchie COO Oct. 28.
16. Meg Rush, MD, was named interim president of Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville, Tenn., after the Oct. 18 death of Luke Gregory.
17. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (Fla.) has selected Michael Schandorf-Lartey, MD, to serve as CMO.
18. IU Health White Memorial Hospital in Monticello, Ind., has appointed Renea Smith, RN, chief nursing officer, effective Nov. 11.
19. Lexington, Ky.-based Appalachian Regional Healthcare named Anthony Stumbo, MD, regional community CMO for its hospitals in Floyd County.
20. George Tsunis will take over as temporary president and CEO of East Meadow, N.Y.-based Nassau University Medical Center.
21. Jackson-based University of Mississippi Medical Center has selected Scott Whittemore to serve as interim CEO of Center University of Mississippi Medical Center-Grenada.
22. Thomas F. Zenty III, CEO of Cleveland-based University Hospitals, plans to retire at the end of January 2021.
Source: Becker’s Hospital Review