Sidney (Neb.) Regional Medical Center has begun the implementation process of a new Epic EHR system, according to KSID Radio News.
1. Over the past three weeks, SRMC staff completed the project’s “discovery” period, which required learning the ins and outs of the Epic system prior to its implementation.
2. SRMC expects to go live on the system in June 2020. The hospital’s board of directors approved the Epic transition in fall 2018.
Want to publish your own articles on DistilNFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
3. Full SRMC staff training is projected to kick off in March 2020, which the hospital anticipates will take three months.
4. By switching to Epic, SRMC will use the same records system and be able to share patient health information more seamlessly with various organizations across the region, including all Aurora, Colo.-based UCHealth locations.
5. SRMC is a critical access hospital that includes a 25-bed acute care and critical care unit.
Date: August 12, 2019
Source: Becker’s Hospital Review