Amazon selected Nader Kabbani, a 14-year company veteran, to run its new pharmacy business, CNBC reports.
Five things to know:
1. Mr. Kabbani will oversee Amazon’s pharmacy business, including PillPack, the online pharmacy startup the e-commerce giant purchased last year. The team at PillPack will report directly to Mr. Kabbani.
2. Mr. Kabbani has a plethora of experience in supply chain and logistics, but no background in pharmaceuticals or healthcare. He previously served as vice president of Amazon Flex, which hires individuals to make deliveries on a flexible schedule and oversees parts of Amazon’s last-mile delivery strategy.
3. He is best known for his work on Amazon’s Kindle e-reader, which enables authors to self-publish digital and printed books. He also previously served as vice president of Amazon’s logistics business.
4. Mr. Kabbani now holds the title of “vice president of consumables, special products,” according to the report.
5. Mr. Kabbani’s appointment shows that Amazon is placing one of its most ambitious projects in the hands of a trusted company executive, according to CNBC.
Date: March 4, 2019