- Plans to expand individual and family plans to 19 states and 47 markets, including 19 new markets, pending regulatory approvals
- Announces Virtual Primary Care, bringing longitudinal telehealth and a suite of additional incentives to members for just $0.
- Virtual Urgent Care offering expanded to include $0 drugs and labs.
Oscar, the first tech-driven health insurance company, today announced plans to launch its new $0 Virtual Primary Care product and expand to a total of 19 states and 47 markets in 2021. The company will offer health insurance to individuals and families in four new states and 19 new markets during the upcoming Open Enrollment period, pending regulatory approvals.
Virtual Primary Care is the latest addition to the suite of Oscar Care features that provide a personalized experience for Oscar members. Oscar Care, which includes access to Oscar designated virtual primary and urgent providers, offers our members with Individual and Family Plans:
- Virtual Primary Care: $0, unlimited virtual visits with a dedicated team of Oscar primary care providers.3 Tier 1 prescriptions, DME, labs, diagnostic imaging orders4 and initial specialist referrals prescribed by an Oscar Primary Care provider are also $0.5 Oscar Primary Care also will bring some care directly to members in their homes, by offering $0 vitals monitoring kits and in-home lab draws,6 when ordered by an Oscar Primary Care provider.
- Virtual Urgent Care: 24/7 access to Oscar Virtual Urgent Care Providers at $0 for whenever a member needs to see a doctor quickly.7 Tier 1 prescriptions and labs are $0 when prescribed by our virtual urgent care providers, too.8
- Care Teams: Dedicated Care Guides, including a nurse, who know the member’s medical history, help them navigate their plan, and connect them with in-network providers.
“With the launch of Oscar Primary Care, Oscar is making even more unprecedented, cost-effective plans available,” said Oscar Co-Founder and CEO Mario Schlosser. “Americans consistently cite cost, quality and convenience as their biggest struggles with the healthcare system – our new offering solves for all of them.”
Oscar Expansion Markets
2021 will mark the fourth consecutive year Oscar expands its footprint to offer affordable care designed around members’ health, budget, family, and community needs.
DistilINFO Healthplan Monthly Intelligence Report
Your monthly roundup of the US healthplan industry.
As a part of the 2021 expansion, Oscar will offer Individual and Family Plans for the first time in: Arkansas (Little Rock and Fayetteville), North Carolina (Asheville), Oklahoma (Oklahoma City), and five markets in Iowa, including Des Moines, Sioux City, and Cedar Rapids.
We also will expand our existing state footprints to Boulder, Colorado, three markets in Northeast Pennsylvania, multiple markets across Florida, including Jacksonville, Sarasota, and Tallahassee, and across new counties in Phoenix, AZ, San Francisco, CA, and Columbus, OH.
Oscar Virtual Primary Care Markets
The COVID-19 pandemic is transforming how Americans access health care and accelerating demand for virtual services. While just 11% of U.S. consumers used telemedicine in 2019, 76% are interested in using virtual care following the outbreak, according to McKinsey.
Oscar will offer Virtual Primary Care in 10 markets in 2021: Miami, FL, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Palm Beach, FL, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Austin, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Orange County, CA, Denver, CO, and New York, NY, pending regulatory approval.
The specifics of Oscar’s 2021 insurance plan portfolio are still being reviewed by regulators. Details regarding pricing, network partners, and added benefits will be available closer to the open enrollment period this fall.
Source: Prnews Wire