Here are seven contract impasses and agreements that took place between payers and providers since June 1:
1. Cigna and Houston-based Memorial Hermann Health System reached a multiyear agreement July 20 after extending an agreement that was originally set to expire March 16.
2. Spartanburg (S.C.) Regional Healthcare System is no longer considered an in-network provider for Cigna’s commercial health plan members.
3. Seattle-based UW Medicine and Cigna inked a new agreement ahead of an Aug. 1 termination deadline.
DistilINFO Healthplan Monthly Intelligence Report
Your monthly roundup of the US healthplan industry.
4. Nine thousand Molina Healthcare of California members can no longer access UC San Diego Health providers at in-network rates after a contract between the organizations was terminated June 30.
5. Medicare Advantage members with CVS Health-owned Aetna can now access providers of DuPage Medical Group in Downers Grove, Ill., at in-network rates under a new agreement.
6. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Independence Blue Cross have signed a five-year agreement aimed at expanding the hospital’s value-based care initiatives.
7. Houston Methodist officially inked a multiyear contract with UnitedHealthcare that took effect June 1.
Source: Becker’s Hospital Review