- New offering is part of UnitedHealthcare Dental’s comprehensive response to COVID-19, which also includes financial support for customers and enhanced payments for network providers.
- Dental care ranks among the most frequently avoidable ER visits, with the emergence of teledentistry providing a key resource to help people make more informed decisions about where to go for care and avoid potential exposure risks with in-person care facilities.
With COVID-19 continuing to spread, UnitedHealthcare Dental has launched a comprehensive response, including a new teledentistry option to help people avoid unnecessary ER visits and financial support for employers and network dentists. In addition, UnitedHealthcare Dental is providing important financial support to employers and network dentists in response to COVID-19.
Dental care ranks among the most frequently avoidable ER visits, with the emergence of teledentistry providing a key resource to help people make more informed decisions about where to go for care and avoid potential exposure risks with in-person care facilities. While many dental practices have re-opened for routine care with appropriate precautions related to COVID-19, telehealth resources – along with at-home hygiene habits such as brushing twice a day and daily flossing – continue to take on added importance in helping people maintain proper oral health and reduce the risk of exposure associated with avoidable in-person visits.
Details of this comprehensive approach include:
– Teledentistry capability for dental plan participants that provides access to at-home telephone and video consultations for advice and guidance to an appropriate setting for in-person care, such as their own dentist, another local dentist with availability, or primary care physician*. The resource is available at no member cost-sharing (i.e., waived deductible and copay) or extra cost for people enrolled in UnitedHealthcare’s fully insured employer-sponsored, Medicare Advantage and select Medicaid dental plans**. Teledentistry is available to eligible plan participants by calling the UnitedHealthcare customer service number on the back of their member ID cards.
Want to publish your own articles on DistilINFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
– Premium relief for employers with fully insured UnitedHealthcare group dental benefits, giving customers a 50% one-month premium reduction in July. This is part of the $1.5 billion of support to customers provided by UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) in response to COVID-19 challenges***.
– Enhanced care provider payments totaling up to $10 million through the end of 2020 for many network dentists for certain services related to routine exams, emergency services, and initial evaluations for children and adults****. Enhanced payments range between $5 and $10 in addition to the dentist’s contracted fee for applicable services. Network dentists may be eligible to gain access to a portion of UnitedHealthcare Dental’s relief package by enrolling at uhcdental.com.
UnitedHealthcare Dental serves more than 13 million people enrolled in employer-sponsored, Medicare, and Medicaid plans, helping provide access to care via a network of nearly 120,000 dental professionals.
Source: Hit Consultant