- More than 1500 Stanford faculty and alumni announced the launch of StartX Med COVID-19 Task Force featuring 70+ StartX Med Innovators with medical breakthroughs for the prevention, diagnostics, and treatment of coronavirus mobilize efforts to fast-track public health needs during the pandemic.
- The StartX Med COVID-19 Task Force will collaborate on outreach to government agencies, regulatory bodies and healthcare systems in the interest of public health for immediate deployment of life-saving medical solutions.
StartX, a non-profit startup community of more than 1500 Stanford faculty and alumni founders, announces the launch of its StartX Med COVID-19 Task Force and the mobilization of its breakthrough medical companies providing solutions for the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of the novel coronavirus. The group of leading scientists, physicians and professor entrepreneurs will collaborate on outreach to government agencies, regulatory bodies and healthcare systems in the interest of public health.
StartX Med COVID-19 Task Force Focus Areas
Among the many leading-edge biotech, medical device and digital health companies solving critical needs during the COVID-19 pandemic are physicians working with positive cases, companies with FDA cleared solutions and those that are on the fast-track with the CDC. The following are a few ways the StartX Med COVID-19 Task Force is working to provide hope, flatten the curve, and combat the novel coronavirus:
– Rapid tests suitable for drive through testing, nursing homes, and ER rooms with results in 10 minutes
– Applications and hardware to assess respiratory issues
– Rapid solutions to fight developing sepsis and correlating antibiotic resistance resulting from COVID-19 severe complications
– COVID-19 related applications for remotely monitoring quarantined patients and healthcare workers who have been exposed
– Rapid RNA testing technologies
– Testing that provides information on the presence, type and severity of infections
– Solutions for optimizing hospital operations and supply chain tracking
– Solutions for automated quarantine management and remote virtual triage
– A centrifuge system which is readily deployable for remote sample collection and prep
– A handheld device measuring temperature, lung sounds, airway pressure, pulmonary function, ECG, and SPO2
– Remote monitoring for respiratory diseases, and other StartX Med technologies already deployed in Wuhan, China
– Free access to the Bioz research platform for biopharma companies
– Free virtual COVID-19 evaluation, screening and escalation tool for any hospital in the U.S. to help preserve clinical resources for patients who warrant in-person care
– StartX Med therapeutics companies with new antiviral drugs to treat COVID-19 and the most common lung disease caused by it, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), are accelerating their efforts to take their treatments into clinical settings.
Source: Hit Consultant