- Lifepoint leveraged DrChrono’s API to create an app that works seamlessly with its EHR platform to easily order and process lab reports and results.
- Medical professionals can place their orders directly within DrChrono EHR via Lifepoint’s app and it will transmit orders electronically.
DrChrono Inc., the company enabling the medical practice of the future announced today a new partnership with Lifepoint Informatics, a leader in healthcare IT focusing on laboratory outreach connectivity, health information exchange, and clinical data interoperability. As part of the partnership, Lifepoint Informatics will leverage DrChrono’s open API to build an application for medical providers to easily and securely order patient labs and transfer the results to the patient’s EHR.
Lifepoint’s Order Entry and Result App enables DrChrono EHR users the ability to place diagnostic orders and receive result reports with any laboratory or radiology/imaging information system. Patient demographics, insurance and order information is seamlessly and securely integrated with the provider’s lab of choice. Medical professionals can place their order directly within DrChrono EHR via Lifepoint’s app and it will transmit orders electronically. As tests are completed they will appear instantly into the patient chart without the need to log into a separate system.
DrChrono/Lifepoint Integration Benefits
Key benefits of the Lifepoint Informatics + DrChrono integration include:
– Order entry interfaces with laboratory or radiology/imaging information system
Want to publish your own articles on DistilINFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
– Access to 350+ existing lab and radiology network facilities
– Fast and easy implementation
– Includes interfaces into office labs (POLs)
– Provides medical necessity verification and Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) generation
– Offers dashboard notifications for new results
– Results viewable directly within the patient’s DrChrono EHR chart
– Illustrates graph and trending of historical results
– Critical result flagging and PDF reports delivery
“Millions of labs are ordered on a daily basis and now our app integrated with DrChrono’s EHR will help even more physicians and their staff easily order labs, radiology and other diagnostic testing and receive the results securely into a patient’s record,” said Ross Cantor MT (ASCP), Director of Sales and Client Relations at Lifepoint Informatics. “DrChrono’s API has powerful functionality and is easily integrated. We were able to build our app in a short time period and bring it to market quickly.”
Source: HIT Consultant