- Chicago-based Northwestern Medicine and Crystal Lake, Ill.-based Centegra Health System signed a definitive agreement to merge, Northwestern announced June 12.
- Fifty-two percent of executives are on the hunt for acquisitions in the next year, according to Ernst & Young's 2018 Global Capital Confidence Barometer.
The following healthcare mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and general transactions took place or were announced during the week of June 11.
1. 9 private equity firms gobbling up healthcare businesses
Fifty-two percent of executives are on the hunt for acquisitions in the next year, according to Ernst & Young’s 2018 Global Capital Confidence Barometer.
2. Cardinal Health sells majority stake in naviHealth
Cardinal Health sold a 55 percent stake in naviHealth — a six-year-old, Nashville, Tenn.-based startup that helps manage post-acute care in value-based care arrangements — to the New York City-based private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice.
3. Kaiser, Emory Healthcare to partner: 4 things to know
Oakland, Calif.-based Kaiser Permanente and Atlanta-based Emory Healthcare, the $3.3 billion clinical arm of Emory University, revealed plans to collaborate on a new care model to advance care for Kaiser members in the Atlanta metro area, Kaiser announced June 13.
Want to publish your own articles on DistilINFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
4. Marshfield Clinic Health System to acquire 60-bed Wisconsin hospital
Marshfield Clinic Health System revealed plans to acquire Beaver Dam Community Hospitals, Marshfield Clinic announced June 12.
5. Atrium Health pushes to move outside of county lines
Charlotte, N.C.-based Atrium Health is looking to change a state law allowing the health system to expand its footprint across the state.
6. Vanderbilt children’s hospital to manage NICU at 2 Erlanger hospitals
Nashville, Tenn.-based Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt entered into a management services agreement to operate neonatal intensive care unit services at two Chattanooga, Tenn.-based Erlanger Health System hospitals, Erlanger announced June 11.
7. Northwestern, Centegra ink definitive agreement to merge
Chicago-based Northwestern Medicine and Crystal Lake, Ill.-based Centegra Health System signed a definitive agreement to merge, Northwestern announced June 12.
8. Medpricer and UCHealth sign deal on cost management solutions
Medpricer, the leading purchased services cost management solution for the healthcare industry, announced a new partnership with Aurora, Colo.-based UCHealth on June 11.
9. Cleveland Clinic pushes takeover of Florida hospital back up to 2 months
Cleveland Clinic is expected to close on its acquisition of Vero Beach, Fla.-based Indian River Medical Center in September or October, officials said June 8.
Date: June 18, 2018