Instagram is working on a new messenger for close friends called Threads. Facebook Technical team is tasked in developing Threads and give Snapchat a run for its money.
What is Instagram’s Threads all about
When released, Threads will work as a partner app to Instagram. It invites users to share their typical text, photos, video messages, live locations, speed, battery life and many more with friends using Instagram’s creative tools. Though, until now, Instagram is keeping silent about any further developments.
As we look at Facebook to reveal more on Threads it is worth recalling what CEO Zukerberg said in March 2019,
“As I think about the future of the internet, I believe a privacy-focused communications platform will become even more important than today’s open platforms, “I expect future versions of Messenger and WhatsApp to become the main ways people communicate on the Facebook network.”
10 things you should know about Threads
- The Threads App will uplift users to share constant automated updates with close friends Instagram list.
- Instead of sharing live location, it may say “ going out”, “watching TV” or “On the move” kind of generic information.
- It will have a dedicated camera to capture photos and videos to share with close friends.
- A green mark will highlight to show which of your friends are active and available.
- If close friends shared a story then it would also be available for view.
- With Threads, Instagram is looking to rival Snapchat
- Threads is likely to have its own camera access to let users capture photos and videos during chats.
- Company CEO, Mark Zuckerberg already sees the company’s future in private messaging
- The actual release date for Threads isn’t available
- The ultimate idea of Threads is to share more details and not just messages and status updates, but with close friends only
Want to publish your own articles on DistilNFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.