Effectively managing data, information risk and compliance is complex and ever-changing. There are many components and considerations in developing and implementing a robust program that encompasses and integrates all the elements needed to manage this risk and achieve one’s compliance objectives effectively. Many organizations believe selecting their information risk management framework is the most complicated part of the process, and although important, it is just the beginning.
In developing an information risk and compliance program, there are many considerations in addition to selecting the most appropriate framework:
- Aligning threats to security controls
- Measuring the effectiveness of implementation
- Reporting your program’s approach to management and third parties
- Sharing control responsibilities with service providers
- Integrating information risk and compliance controls into an assessment tool
- Aligning with a third-party risk management approach
HITRUST Approach to Information Risk Management and Compliance
HITRUST understands information risk management and compliance and the challenges of assembling and maintaining the many and varied programs, which is why our integrated approach ensures the components are aligned, maintained and comprehensive to support an organization’s information risk management and compliance program.
Designed to leverage the best in class components for a comprehensive information risk management and compliance program that integrates and aligns the following:
Date: December 31, 2018