Simcoe County is taking many precautions to help protect our vulnerable residents. We are also aligning with proactive steps taken by other large organizations as well as recommendations from other levels of government and health authorities to ensure everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
Long-term Care and Seniors Services
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not enter a Long Term Care home or Seniors Services facility. Please self isolate and contact Telehealth (1-866-797-0000), your local health care provider, or the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520) for more information.
If you have travelled to affected areas or have been exposed to a case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days we ask that you please postpone your visit to any of our Long Term Care homes or Seniors Services facilities.
Mandatory screening at Long Term Care Homes and Seniors Services facilities
All LTCSS Staff, Students, Volunteers & Visitors will be “actively” screened for COVID-19 by a dedicated person in each home. This involves questions regarding respiratory symptoms as well as taking the individual’s temperature. ANYONE that fails any part of the screening process will be asked to leave our facility and to contact telehealth and or their health care provider.
Impacts to activities and programs
- All visitor entrances in each of our four LTC homes and Seniors Services buildings have been secured allowing entry from only one main door entrance
- All public community events in our LTCSS facilities will be cancelled for the next four weeks and we will re-evaluate as necessary
- Main door entrance hours have been reduced to 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Doors will be locked for remaining hours and visitors will be required to use call system and wait for staff to allow access
- Campus residents living adjacent to our LTC homes will not be permitted to attend programs or functions in the homes
- A table will be set-up at the dedicated public entrance, and someone will be present to screen all visitors
- Homes have posted notices at entry doors to advise visitors of new precautions
Want to publish your own articles on DistilINFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
Source: Orillia Matters